September 3, 2019
Policy Speech by the Governor of Tokyo, Koike Yuriko, at the Third Regular Session of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly, 2019
In opening the third regular session of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly in 2019, I wish to relate my basic stance on future metropolitan administration.
Last week, torrential rain caused widespread damage in Northern Kyushu. I would like to extend my deepest condolences to all who lost loved ones, as well as my heartfelt sympathies to all who were affected.
- Rugby World Cup 2019TM -- Once in a lifetime
- Making the Tokyo 2020 Games a success together with the people of Tokyo and Japan
- Forging the future from the “7C TOKYO” perspective
- Studying new metropolitan government reforms
- Rolling out growth strategies that create new value and make Tokyo’s future shine
- Fully drawing out the potential of Tokyo to achieve sustainable growth
- Ensuring “safe and secure” living
- Toward a society where everyone can play an active role