Office of the Governor for Policy Planning
Invest Tokyo Seminar Winter 2018 Hosted by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG), in joint sponsorship with Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), will be holding the event, "Invest Tokyo Seminar Winter 2018" on February 8 at JETRO Headquarters in the ARK Mori Building. During the first half of the seminar, presenters will introduce Tokyo and JETRO's policies to attract foreign-capital companies. The latter half of the seminar will be a business-networking and business-matching session for local SMEs and Foreign affiliates. Simultaneous interpretation in English will be provided.
Seminar Outline Click here(PDF:2,416KB) for the event flyer
- Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Time: 1:30 to 5:45 p.m. (doors open at 1:00 p.m.)
- Venue: JETRO Headquarters
5th fl., ARK Mori Building, 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Access: https://www.jetro.go.jp/en/jetro/profile/map.html( External link )
- Host: Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Co-host: Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Sponsor: The Tokyo Chamber Of commerce And Industry
- Capacity: Approximately 100 people (advance application required)
- If more than 100 applications are received, participants will be chosen by lottery.
- Participants will include foreign companies, foreign embassies, foreign chambers of commerce in Tokyo, Tokyo-based SMEs and entrepreneurs.
- Application: http://www.tosbec.com/contact/form0208/english( External link )
Please apply by Wednesday, January 31.
- 1st session (1:30 p.m. to 2:30p.m.)
- Opening Address by Takahiro Matsushita, Deputy Director General, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- "The Tokyo Metropolitan Government's Initiatives to Attract Foreign Companies," by Tomoe Otsuka, Director for Attraction of Foreign Companies, Coordination Division, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- "JETRO's Activities for Promoting Direct Investment in Japan," by Tomotsugu Iwata, Director, Invest Japan Department , JETRO
- "Attraction of the Special Economic Zone as Seen by a Company Supported by the Set-Up Program," by Foreign affiliates (TBD)
- 2nd session (2:45 to 5:45pm)
- Business Networking (for participants of the 1st session)
- Business-matching Session