Bureau of General Affairs
Security Gates at the TMG Main Buildings
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) will begin operation of security gates as a measure to strengthen security at the government's main buildings. Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated.
Start of operations
From Friday, February 9, 2018
- TMG Main Building No. 1 and No. 2: in front of the 1st and 2nd floor elevator banks
- Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly Building: in front of the 1st floor elevator banks and 2nd floor north and south lobby entrances
Security checks that were previously done by security guards will now be handled by the gates.
When visiting the buildings
- Visitors using the elevators:
- After signing in at the reception desk with your full name and destination, you will be given a Visitor's Pass in the form of an IC card.
- Touch the card to the gate's IC reader to pass through.
**Visitors must wear their pass after going through the gates.**
- When leaving:
- Slide your Visitor's Pass into the gate's card collection slot to exit the gate.
- The Visitor's Form will be available to download from the TMG website( External link ) in February 2018.
- Visitors to the TMG Observation Decks do not need to pass through the security gates.