Updated on March 22, 2018
Main content starts here.
Bureau of Construction
Tokyo Metropolitan Park Association
|The weeping cherry tree lit up（photo from a previous year）|
Parts of Rikugien Gardens centering on a magnificent weeping cherry tree will be lit up each evening again this year while the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. The weeping cherry tree is a well-known symbol of the gardens, standing 15 meters tall and 20 meters across. The blossoms are equally beautiful viewed in the daytime sunshine or against the night sky. During this period, the gardens will remain open until 9:00 p.m. Come and enjoy the magical atmosphere at Rikugien Gardens this spring.
Wednesday, March 21 (public holiday)-Thursday, April 5, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (last admission 8:30 p.m.)
* The special late opening hours are for the illumination event period only. The Somei-mon gate, a two-minute walk from Komagome Station, will also be open during this period.
* For security reasons, some areas will be off-limits after 4:30 p.m.
|The weeping cherry tree in daytime||The Rikugien Gardens illuminated|
|The second weeping cherry tree at the former site of Ginka-tei lit up (photos from previous years)|
6-16-3 Honkomagome, Bunkyo-ku
7-minute walk from Komagome Station (JR Yamanote Line, Tokyo Metro Namboku Line)
10-minute walk from Sengoku Station (Toei Mita Line)
* No parking is available.
* During the illumination event period, the Somei-mon gate, a 2-minute walk from Komagome station, will also be open.
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (last admission 4:30 p.m.)
* During the illumination event period, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (last admission 8:30 p.m.)
Seniors (65 and older): 150 Yen
* Free entry for elementary school children or younger, and junior high school students living or attending school in Tokyo
Rikugien Garden Office Tel: 03-3941-2222 (Japanese only)
“Let’s go to the Gardens”( External link )
General Affairs Division, Tokyo Metropolitan Park Association
Management Section, Park Division, Bureau of Construction