August 2, 2018
Office of the Governor for Policy Planning
Invest Tokyo Seminar Autumn 2018
Hosted by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG), in joint sponsorship with Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), will be holding the event, “Invest Tokyo Seminar Autumn 2018” on Tuesday, September 25, 2018.
This seminar consists of two parts. During the first half of the seminar, presenters will introduce Tokyo and JETRO’s policies to attract foreign companies as well as the attractiveness of the Special Zone from foreign companies’ perspectives. The latter half of the seminar will be a business-matching session for local SMEs and foreign affiliates.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
1:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. (doors open at 1:00 p.m.)
Large Conference Room, 5th fl., TMG No.1 Building (2-8-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo)
Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
The Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Target participants
Foreign companies and affiliates, foreign entrepreneurs, foreign embassies and chambers of commerce in Tokyo, Tokyo-based SMEs, etc.
Japanese and English (with simultaneous interpretation)
- Seating Capacity
Approximately 100 people (advance application required)
* Please note that we may decline your application for participation because the capacity of the venue is limited.
http://www.tosbec.com/seminar201809/english/ (External link)
- Please apply by Tuesday, September 11.
1st session (1:30 p.m. to 2:05 p.m.)
- Opening remarks by Takahiro Matsushita, Deputy Director General, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- “JETRO’s Activities for Promoting Direct Investment in Japan,” by Invest Japan Department, JETRO (TBD)
- “The Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s Initiatives to Attract Foreign Companies,” by Tomoe Otsuka, Director for Attraction of Foreign Companies, Coordination Division, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- “Attractiveness of the Special Economic Zone as Seen by a Company Supported by the Set-Up Program,” by a foreign company that has expanded its business to the Special Economic Zones (TBD)
2nd session (2:15 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.)
- Business Pitch (Presentation) by Foreign Companies
- Business-Matching (advance booking required)
*Participants can communicate with other participants and companies after business matching.
About Invest Tokyo Seminars
Invest Tokyo Seminars aim to attract foreign companies and strengthen relationships among foreign companies and SMEs in Tokyo by introducing the TMG’s initiatives to attract foreign companies and successful cases of business matching. The TMG aims to establish Tokyo’s new position as a “global financial and economic center,” which is open to the world.
Project for the “Action Plan for 2020”
This project is part of the “Action Plan for 2020.”
“Smart City” Key Policy 4:
A global financial and economic center