April 23, 2019
Bureau of Olympic and Paralympic Games
Tokyo 2020 Preparation
Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Grand Opening Ceremony of the Yumenoshima Park Archery Field
The grand opening ceremony of Yumenoshima Park Archery Field, the first of the new venues for the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020 to be completed, will be held on Sunday 28 April 2019. This ceremony will be attended by Her Imperial Highness Princess Tsuguko of Takamado, Honorary President of the All Japan Archery Federation.
Sunday, April 28, 2019. 10:00 – 10:45
Yumenoshima Park Archery Field (2-1-4, Yumenoshima, Koto-ku, Tokyo)
- Venue Access
- By Train: 7-min walk from Shin-kiba Station on JR Keiyo Line (JE05), Subway Yurakucho Line (Y24) or Rinkai Line.
- By Bus: Take a Toei bus from [Kinshicho Sta.], get off at [Yumenoshima] and walk 5 minutes.
- Opening remarks by Governor Koike (organiser)
- Opening speech by H.I.H. Princess Tsuguko
- Congratulatory speeches by guests of honor:
Prof Dr Ugur Erdener, President of World Archery
Shunichi Suzuki, Minister for the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games (scheduled)
Takaaki Yamazaki, Mayor of Koto-ku
- Venue introduction movie
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Archery demonstrations by Olympian Hiroshi Yamamoto (bronze medalist, Los Angeles, and silver medalist, Athens) and athletes in intensive training for the Tokyo 2020 Games
Note) Children from Meiji Elementary School (Koto-ku) will give a marching band performance.
- Please note that the grand opening ceremony will not be open to the general public.
- A commemorative match hosted by the All Japan Archery Federation will be held after the ceremony.
The commemorative match will be open to the public. For details, please check the website of All Japan Archery Federation at http://www.archery.or.jp/ (External link) (available only in Japanese).