November 19, 2020
Bureau of Finance
Determination of Terms & Conditions ConcerningTokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency)
We have decided on the terms and conditions of Tokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency), a Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) bonds for individuals, as described below.
1 Indicative Terms & Conditions
Maturity (Currency) / Series no.
5 years (AUD) / Series 4
AUD 139 million (equivalent to 10 billion Japanese Yen)
0.410% per annum(interest rate after tax: 0.326% per annum)
- The Interest Rate after tax is after deducting a tax of 20.315% including the special reconstruction income tax.
100.00% of the principal amount
Friday, November 20 to Monday, December 7, 2020
- As a certain period of time may be required to open an account, please contact the financial institutions mentioned below in advance, before the offering period above begins..
- Bonds will be available for an offer while supplies last.
Date for Delivery
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Date for Interest Payment
June 7 & December 7 in each year
(the payment will be made on the following business day in case the above date falls on a holiday)
- In Japan, the interest will be paid on or after the business day following the interest payment date.
Friday, December 5, 2025
- In Japan, the redemption money will be paid on or after the business day following the maturity date.
Minimum amount of AUD 1,000, plus integer multiples of AUD 1,000
Maximum Subscription Amount
Up to AUD 500,000 per person or organization
Individuals who live, work, or go to a school in the Tokyo Metropolis, Saitama Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture or Kanagawa Prefecture or corporations or organizations whose offices are located in the areas mentioned above
- If the purchaser is a minor, the consent of a person with parental authority is necessary. For details, please contact an appropriate distributor.
The bonds will be handled by the following financial institutions. For details, please directly contact an appropriate distributor.
- Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. Phone. (for inquiries) 0120-324-390
- Daiwa Securities Co., Ltd. Phone. (for inquiries) 0120-010101
- Nomura Securities Co., Ltd. Phone. (for inquiries) 0570-077-000
- Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd. Phone. (for inquiries) 0120-532-346
- SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. Phone. (for inquiries) 0120-250-438
- As the price of the bonds fluctuate depending on the changes in interest rate standards in the market, there is a risk of loss if you redeem your bonds before their maturity.
- In the case the yen is stronger and Australian dollar weaker than they were when you purchased the bonds because of foreign currency exchange fluctuations, the value in yen of the bonds may become lower than the principal amount invested.
- The value of the bonds may fluctuate depending on the credit, business or asset status of TMG, the issuer. There is also a risk of delay in the payment of principal and/or interest as well as a risk of insolvency.
- There is a limit to the amount available for offer. Please contact an appropriate distributor early.
- Those who are considering the purchase of the bonds, shall read the entire document distributed by a distributor prior to making an actual purchase.
- The issuance schedule of the bonds is subject to change due to changes in the market conditions, etc.
TMG fixes the conditions of the bonds at the time of issuance until maturity in Japanese yen. Therefore, there is no risk incurred due to the fluctuations in foreign exchanges for TMG.
※This press release is also available in other languages (日本語／English／中文／한국어).