October 11, 2021
Bureau of Finance
Issuance of Tokyo Green Bonds
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) will issue the fifth series of Tokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency) for individuals as described below in order to, through investment in environmental projects implemented by the TMG, promote the understanding of projects and stimulate ownership.
1. Issue Summary
Tokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency)
Maturity (Currency) / Series No.
5 years (AUD)(*1) / Series 5
*1 No yen-denominated TMG bonds have been issued for individuals this fiscal year.
Equivalent to 10 billion Japanese Yen
Interest Rate (*2)
Announcement scheduled for Thursday, November 18, 2021 (Announcement of tentative conditions scheduled for Friday, November 5, 2021)
*2 Details will be released on the website of the Bureau of Finance as soon as they are determined.
Friday, November 19, 2021 to Monday, December 6, 2021
Minimum amount of AUD 1,000 in AUD 1,000 increments
Maximum Subscription Amount
Maximum of AUD 500,000 per person or organization
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Friday, December 4, 2026
- In Japan, the redemption money will be paid on or after the business day following the maturity date.
Interest Payment Date
June 6 and December 6 each year
- In Japan, the interest will be paid on or after the business day following the interest payment date.
Individuals who live, work, or study in Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba or Kanagawa prefectures, or corporations or organizations whose main offices or places of business are in the areas mentioned
- If the purchaser is a minor, the consent of a person with parental authority is required.
Representative Appropriation Projects
- Introduction of solar power generation in TMG facilities
- Park development
- Development of coastal conservation facilities (seawalls, etc.)
The bonds will be handled by the following financial institutions. For details, please contact a distributor from Friday, November 5, 2021.
- Nomura Securities Co., Ltd. Phone (for inquiries) 0570-077-000
- Daiwa Securities Co., Ltd. Phone (for inquiries) 0120-010101
- Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. Phone (for inquiries) 0120-324-390
- Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd. Phone (for inquiries) 0120-532-346
- SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. Phone (for inquiries) 0120-250-438
- As the price of the bonds fluctuate depending on the changes in interest rate levels in the market, there is a risk of loss if you redeem your bonds before their maturity.
- In the event that the Japanese Yen appreciates against the Australian Dollar due to exchange rate fluctuations, the value of the bonds converted into Japanese Yen may fall below the principal amount invested.
- The value of the bonds may fluctuate depending on the credit, business or financial status of the TMG, the issuer. There is also a risk of delay in the payment of principal and/or interest as well as a risk of insolvency.
- There is a limit to the amount available for offer. Please contact a distributor as soon as possible.
- When considering the purchase of bonds, please be sure to read the document provided by the distributor prior to the conclusion of the contract.
- The issuance schedule of the bonds may be subject to change due to changes in market conditions, etc.
*This press release is also available in other languages. (日本語/中文/한국어)