November 8, 2021
Bureau of Finance
Determination of Tentative Terms & Conditions Concerning Tokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency)
We have decided on the tentative terms and conditions of Tokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency), a Tokyo Government (TMG) bond for individuals, as described below.
1. Issue Conditions
Maturity (Currency) / Series No.
5 years (AUD) / Series 5
AUD 122 million (equivalent to JPY 10 billion)
Interest Rate (before tax)
1.10% - 2.50% (tentative terms)
- Tentative terms refers to the range of expected interest rates for the bonds to be offered to investors prior to the determination of terms. The interest rate will be determined on the term setting date (scheduled to be announced on Thursday, November 18) based on the market environment and other factors.
100.00% of the principal amount
Friday, November 19, 2021 to Monday, December 6, 2021
- As a certain period of time may be required to open an account, please contact the financial institutions mentioned below in advance before the offering period above begins.
- Bonds will be available for offer while supplies last.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Interest Payment Date
June 6 and December 6 each year (the next business day if it is a holiday)
- The first interest payment date is June 6, 2022.
- In Japan, the interest will be paid on or after the business day following the interest payment date.
Friday, December 4, 2026
- In Japan, the redemption money will be paid on or after the business day following the maturity date.
Minimum amount of AUD 1,000 in AUD 1,000 increments
Maximum Subscription Amount
Maximum of AUD 500,000 per person or organization
Individuals who live, work, or study in Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba or Kanagawa prefectures, or corporations or organizations whose main offices or places of business are in the areas mentioned
- If the purchaser is a minor, the consent of a person with parental authority is required.
The bonds will be handled by the following financial institutions. Please contact each financial institution directly for inquiries about details and other matters.
- Nomura Securities Co., Ltd.
Phone (for inquiries): 0570-077-000
- Daiwa Securities Co., Ltd.
Phone (for inquiries): 0120-010101
- Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.
Phone (for inquiries): 0120-324-390
- Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd.
Phone (for inquiries): 0120-532-346
- SMBC Nikko Securities Inc.
Phone (for inquiries): 0120-250-438
- As the price of the bonds fluctuate depending on the changes in interest rate levels in the market, there is a risk of loss if you redeem your bonds before their maturity.
- In the event that the Japanese Yen appreciates against the Australian Dollar due to exchange rate fluctuations, the value of the bonds converted into Japanese Yen may fall below the principal amount invested.
- The value of the bonds may fluctuate depending on the credit, business or financial status of the TMG, the issuer. There is also a risk of delay in the payment of principal and/or interest as well as a risk of insolvency.
- There is a limit to the amount available for offer. Please contact a distributor as soon as possible.
- When considering the purchase of bonds, please be sure to read the document provided by the distributor prior to the conclusion of the contract.
- The issuance schedule of the bonds may be subject to change due to changes in market conditions, etc.
*This press release is also available in other languages. (日本語/中文/한국어)