December 20, 2022
Bureau of Finance
Determination of Terms and Conditions Concerning Tokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency)
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) has decided on the terms and conditions of Tokyo Green Bonds (in foreign currency), a Tokyo Government bond for individuals, as described below.
1 Issue Conditions
Maturity (currency)/Series No.
5 years (AUD)/Series 6
110 million AUD (Equivalent to 10 billion Japanese Yen)
Interest Rate (before tax)
3.63% per annum (interest rate after tax: 2.892% per annum)
- The interest rate after tax is after deducting a tax of 20.315% including the special reconstruction income tax.
100.00% of the principal amount
Friday December 9 to Tuesday December 20, 2022
- As it may take a certain period of time to open an account, please contact the financial institutions mentioned below well in advance of the opening of the offering period.
- Bonds will be available for offer while supplies last.
Wednesday December 21, 2022
Interest Payment Date
Twice a year/20th of June and December (or the following business day if these dates fall on a Saturday or Sunday.)
- The first interest payment date will be June 20, 2023.
- In Japan, the interest will be paid on or after the business day following the interest payment date.
Monday December 20, 2027
- In Japan, redemption monies will be paid on or after the business day following the maturity date.
Minimum amount of AUD 1,000 in AUD 1,000 increments
Maximum Subscription Amount
Maximum of AUD 500,000 per person or organization
Individuals who live, work, or study in Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba or Kanagawa prefectures, or corporations or organizations whose main offices or places of business are in the areas mentioned
- If the purchaser is a minor, the consent of a person with parental authority is required. For details, please contact a distributor.
The bonds will be handled by the following financial institutions. For details, please contact a distributor directly.
||Phone (for inquiries)
|Daiwa Securities Co., Ltd.
|Nomura Securities Co., Ltd.
|Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd.
|Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd.
|SMBC Nikko Securities Inc.
- As the price of the bonds fluctuates depending on changes in interest rate levels in the market, there is a risk of loss if you redeem your bonds before their maturity.
- In the event that the Japanese Yen appreciates against the Australian Dollar due to exchange rate fluctuations, the value of the bonds converted into Japanese Yen may fall below the principal amount invested.
- The value of the bonds may fluctuate depending on the credit, business or financial status of the TMG, the issuer. There is also a risk of delay in the payment of principal and/or interest as well as a risk of insolvency.
- There is a limit to the amount available for offer. Please contact a distributor as soon as possible.
- When considering the purchase of bonds, please be sure to read the document provided by the distributor prior to the conclusion of the contract.
- The issuance schedule of the bonds may be subject to change due to changes in market conditions, etc.
*Please click here to see mass media releases in multiple languages. (日本語 / 中文 / 한국어)