May 27, 2020
Policy Speech by the Governor of Tokyo, Koike Yuriko, at the Second Regular Session of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly, 2020
In the opening of the second regular session of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly in 2020, I wish to relate my basic stance on future metropolitan administration.
I would like to begin by offering my condolences to the families of those who passed away from the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). May they rest in peace. We will continue to devote our full resources to our COVID-19 response so that we can overcome this virus as early as possible together with the people of Tokyo.
- State of emergency lifted
- Proceeding with measures through discretionary action
- Protecting the irreplaceable lives of the people of Tokyo
- Firmly supporting the lives of Tokyo residents and the economic activities of Tokyo
- Accelerate the transformation of society for Tokyo’s future
- Setting up a special system for the metropolitan administration
- Compiling a supplementary budget to advance measures in an intensive and focused manner